The Final Fantasy XIV Fanfest is underway in Paris and it's started with a bang. The game's Shadowbringers expansion has finally been dated. Players can look for it on July 2nd. In addition, the new Gunbreaker tank class is coming with Shadowbringers. Expansion preorders will begin on February 6th.
We have boots on the ground in Paris who will offer their thoughts on what they're experiencing. Keep your eyes peeled!
A full list of new content revealed in Paris is below:
- New Job – The ‘gunbreaker’– master of gunblade.
- New Playable Race – the ‘Viera’, rabbit-like wardens of the wood.
- ‘Trust’ System – An all-new system allowing players to tackle Shadowbringers instanced dungeons with familiar NPCs by their side (excluding dungeons requiring more than four party members).
- New Alliance Raid – YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse – from the minds of renowned NieR creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
- New Areas - Il Mheg - a lush, awe-inspiring vale, and the Rak’tika Greatwood - a sprawling forest of ancient, towering sentinels. Il Mheg can be seen here: https://youtu.be/zVVsm-9-o4E and Rak’tika Greatwood here: https://youtu.be/ItY4mNnRnsU
- New Beast Tribe and Primal - the pixies and their almighty regent, Titania.
- Level cap increase from 70 to 80
- Journey through expansive new areas, such as the Rak’Tika Greatwood, Amh Araeng, and Il Mheg
- New trials, including a harrowing encounter with Titania, ruler of the pixies
- New beast tribes: pixies, Nu Mou, dwarves
- A plethora of new dungeons to explore
- Challenging new 8-player raids
- An exciting new alliance raid series: YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse
- Tackle Shadowbringers main scenario dungeons solo while fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system
- Relive the adventures from your past with your current level and gear via the New Game+ system
- The Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard ? In the aftermath of the Dragonsong War, Disciples of the Hand and Land work together to rebuild Ishgard
Alongside information about the game, SQUARE ENIX revealed the FINAL FANTASY XIV: ShadowbringersCollector’s Edition. Available to pre-order from the SQUARE ENIX Store starting 6th February. The Collector’s Edition includes:
- Shadowbringers Special Art Box – A unique silver-inlaid box featuring an illustration by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Dark Knight Figure - An impressive high-quality figure that features the Warrior of Darkness as a dark knight.
- Shadowbringers Art Book - An art book featuring a wealth of illustrations and concept art used in the creation of the expansion.
- Shadowbringers Logo Sticker Cling - A reusable vinyl cling featuring the Shadowbringers logo.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Playing Cards - A deck of playing cards featuring a range of artwork from A Realm Reborn through Shadowbringers.
- In-game Grani Mount - Ride the formidable Grani and strike terror into the heart of any foe in your path. Caution is recommended when mounting the rather pointy beast.
- In-game Wind-up Fran Minion - Take Fran along as your partner in the skies, on land, or under the water. Wherever your adventure takes you, just keep it away from Mist.
- In-game Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon - Squall's iconic gunblade makes its appearance in FFXIV as a gunbreaker-exclusive weapon. Charge into battle with it…or not. Whatever.
Check out this forum thread for more.