Final Fantasy XIV has plans to release the, onces delayed, update 5.3 in just a few short weeks on August 11th. Known as Reflections in a Crystal, this update is set to include a new dungeon, a new trial, several new challenges and more. This much anticipated release follows along the storyline as the Scions attempt to understand Ascian’s devious machinations.
FFXIV players will be happy to know that the long laundry list of updates will provide plenty of content to keep them busy. In addition to a new dungeon, trial, and challenges, here is a short list of some of the features that update 5.3 will be adding to the game.
- Main Scenario Quests
- New Dungeon - The Heroes' Gauntlet
- New Trial
- New Alliance Raid - YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse: The Puppets' Bunker
- Chronicles of a New Era - The Sorrow of Werlyt
- Faux Hollows - The Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Unreal)
- New Custom Deliveries
- Beast Tribe Quests - Dwarves
- Save the Queen - Unforgiven, Unforgotten
- New Battlefield - Bozjan Southern Front
- Ishgardian Restoration Updates
- Skysteel Tool Updates
- A Realm Reborn Area Improvements
- Trial Synthesis
- New Game+ Updates
- Sundry Splendors
Update 5.3 was originally delayed due to complications with COVID19. More information regarding Reflections in a Crystal can be found at Square Enix’s patch summary page, in addition to this letter from the producer.