In the latest "Letter from the Producer LIVE" stream by the Final Fantasy XIV team, the developer announced a few interesting tidbits, namely the user count and the upcoming 2020-21 Fan Festival schedule. Additionally, some details of Patch 5.2 have been revealed as well.
During the stream, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida revealed that the MMORPG has reached 18 million registered users worldwide, which is quite the accomplishment. Keep in mind, this isn't a subscriber number, but rather the amount of user accounts registered with the game. Still, 18 Million is definitely not anything to scoff.
Additionally, the next patch for the Shadowbringers expansion has been given some detail. Patch 5.2 will feature a wealth of new content, such as:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The adventures of the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue as they further unravel the mysteries of the First.
- New Equipment Enhancement Quest Series – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – This new challenge can be tackled alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – The next set of adjustments to Disciples of the Land and Hand which will further enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, Additional New Game+ Chapters, and More
Finally, for those looking to get in on the Fan Festival train this coming year, Square Enix has announced multiple events across the globe. While the dates themselves have yet to be announced, Square Enix has confirmed that festivals will be coming to North America, Europe and Japan in the 2020-2021 years.
If you're one of the 18 million registered users who stopped subbing but want to check out FFXIV again, you can do so as we previously reported the MMO is running a Free Log In campaign now through January 14th. You can check out more details here.