One of the lesser known, yet still excellent, Final Fantasy games out there, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is getting remastered. Square Enix released a trailer showcasing the remaster, which shows the remaster in all its newfound glory. It will make its debut on the show floor of the Tokyo Game Show this week.
Releasing January 23rd, 2020, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will be coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 as well as iOS and Android devices.
Via a press release from Square Enix:
The cooperative action RPG FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES has been completely remastered, with brand-new features that make the experience more enchanting than ever. Playing with friends or solo, explore a stunning fantasy world and make new memories with fantastic characters and fun action-RPG gameplay. New features for the game include:
- Updated Visuals and Audio – Experience the world of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES in stunning new ways, with upgraded graphics and audio updates enhancing the magical adventure like never before.
- New Character Voiceovers – Playable heroes come to life with brand-new voiceovers as they cast spells and battle ferocious monsters.
- New Online Multiplayer – Play online with up to three friends to overcome the dangerous monsters and dungeons that fill the world*. No players are left behind, as the game supports cross-play functionality.
- New Dungeons and Bosses – Challenging new dungeons and bosses have been added to the game, allowing for even more fun and exciting gameplay opportunities.
- New Character Appearances and Items – Stand out with brand-new looks and artifacts to equip and use throughout your magical journey.
You can check out the debut trailer below.