The latest H1Z1: King of the Kill producer's newsletter has been published on the official site to discuss some of the behind-the-scenes changes being made to rules to ensure basic fair play.
Some of the discussed topics are:
- Bot & third party applications detection
- "Teaming" detection - i.e. players working together against an opponent rather than adhering to the spirit of "Last Man Standing"
- "Twitch or Stream Sniping" - i.e. using a live-streamer's broadcast to gain an advantage over opponents
- Dealing with toxic behaviour
- 10 second Log Out Timer
- Implementation of regional servers
- Penalties for players with poor connections and latency issues
There is an escalating system of penalties applied based on the length of time you go with a poor connection. Level 1 simply locks your weapon. This is usually brief if you normally have a stable connection, could just be a minor interruption. Level 2 kicks in if you are continuing to play with a bad connection, and it will freeze your character in place and lock your weapon. Level 3 will get triggered if you ignore the previous warnings, and it is a combination of the previous two levels and then will also kick you out of a vehicle if you are currently driving one.
You can read more details about each of the sections plus when the next update will be deployed by visiting the H1Z1: King of the Kill site.