EVE Online has shared Your Year in EVE for the year that was 2019.
In fact, they’ve sent a video to all 214,713 unique email addresses for active EVE players which outline your victories, activities, and misadventures. Not everyone will receive a video. Only those who met certain criteria will receive one:
- Active Omega subscription at some point in 2019.
- Omega time per email had to be greater than or equal to 30 days, for all users belonging to an email combined. Active playing time per email had to be greater than or equal to 25 hours, for all users and characters belonging to an email combined. That is log on, non-AFK hours.
- Only valid emails were included, for instance, several Steam users had not verified their emails through our Account Management Site, and these were removed as no emails are associated with their accounts.
- Stats were not collected for characters deleted this year.
- Banned users were excluded.
- Unsubscribed emails were excluded.
- Players that did not have adequate activity to be categorized (see more on activity categories below) were excluded.
If you fit the criteria above, check your inbox. All players were split into either PvP, PvE, or Industry playstyles, which determines which type of video was sent to players. Here’s how the splits were decided:
For PvP, only one data point was captured:
- PVP kills.
For PvE, three data points were captured:
- NPC kills
- Missions completed
- Exploration Sites visited
ISK’s worth of mined Ore
- Manufactured items
- ISK’s worth of PI Materials exported
- For Industry, three data points were captured:
Did you receive a video? Check out the full post here.