Phase III of EVE Online Aether Wars is kicking off on November 9.
In a new article on the official site, details were shared for the dates for testing:
- Public Stress Test 1 Sat 9 Nov 2019 19:00 UTC
- Public Stress Test 2 Sat 16 Nov 2019 19:00 UTC
- World Record Attempt Sat 23 Nov 2019 20:00 UTC
Phase III is set to address performance with regards to movement interpolation, UI/UX, visuals, gameplay balance, etc. They will use Steam as a client distribution. The team is aiming for 10,000 people across the world to take part. And for that to happen, they’re making the tests publicly accessible.
Here’s a list of what’s new in Phase III:
- Improved prediction and smoothing of the simulation
- Four ship types, instead of three
- Improved UX - Who is targeting me? Who am I targeting? Better missile lock warnings (which missiles are mine vs which missiles are enemy missiles - because it can get quite hectic!)
- Improved ship balancing: Differences in hull, shields, speed, cool-downs etc. based on ship class.
- Different firing characteristics for each ship type
- Counter-measures (these are a lot of fun!)
- Improved ship controls and partial controller support
- Massive visual improvements overall