Frontier recently released a hotfix for Elite Dangerous Odyssey which brought several stability improvements and crash fixes. Here’s what they fixed.
Elite Dangerous saw the release of its major expansion, Odyssey, just a couple of days ago following a lengthy beta testing period. The expansion brings on-foot missions and exploration for the first time to the space sim. In fact, if you missed the launch trailer, catch up here.
While officially a hotfix, this patch is actually pretty beefy in terms of fixes. The patch includes various fixes for crashes, stability improvements, and the like. Here’s some of what was addressed.
- General stability improvements
- General mission improvements
- Fixed various colouration issues in organics
- Fixed a crash when players attempt to edit keybindings
- Fixed an issue when completing the tutorial with an existing Commander players are unable to enter the express lift to the hanger and their ship and need to re-log
- Fixed an issue where players are unable to exit ship at the end of the tutorial – forcing players to skip
- Increased suit thermal resistance to allow disembarking on some hotter planets
- Fixed an issue where players are unable to cut panels or access data ports in multicrew
- Fixed an issue where exiting the Pilot Tutorial leaves players unable to continue and are forced to re-log
- Improved messaging on elevator if players haven't undertaken flight tutorial
- Fixed an issue where some players encountered the enemy dropship not arriving in the tutorial
- Fixed collision issue at Cinder Dock Surface port
- Fixed 'manage inventory' function on ship embark screen
- Fixed a FSS planet closeup issue in VR
Frontier notes the community’s concern regarding performance and stated they’re working to provide improvements on this front. They then provided a workaround if you’re up to the task:
- Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics
- Make a backup of every file in the graphics folder, and place it somewhere safe for future reference.
- Delete the original files in the Graphics folder.
- Restart the game.