The January update for Elite: Dangerous is finally live, bringing the bug-squashing patch with a bunch of patch notes.
This patch is part of a larger effort to focus on improving stability, player experience, and the like as has been previously outlined. The patch notes themselves are extremely extensive. Here is what is being done to address crashes and stability:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to enter the 'Network Options' screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when mining in Ice Rings.
- Updated the way we check a player's entitlements to fix an issue where the Horizons update is not being recognised as installed.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when an Imperial Fighter is destroyed.
- Fixed a softlock when entering Supercruise with "The Lucent Embrace" Megaship targeted, after launching from Forester's Choice.
Networking has seen fixes as well:
- Fixed issues with ship rubber banding.
- Integrated Oodle network compression library to reduce network bandwidth.
Along with fixes to rendering
- Fixed an issue that was causing visual artifacts when capturing high-res screenshots.
- Fixed a visual issue rendering neutron star jet cones.
You can read the full patch notes here.