The Elder Scrolls Online forum has been updated with a new post from the Combat Team to lay out the details about a forthcoming retooling of the game's racials. The changes will go into effect with Update 21 and will be on the game's PTS for testing purposes starting next week. The changes are needed, according to the post, because there are "a lack of effective options in picking your race/class combination" and because "many of the racial bonuses do not have universal applicability".
The goals for the update include:
- more effective options when picking a race and role
- the equalization of "overall power that each race provides"
- retention and enhancement of "the unique feeling and gameplay patterns"
- improvement of the "sense of progression that racial passives provide"
- "obeying our rich and structured lore and storytelling"
There are also a number of specific changes that will be applied for each race.
You can check out the full post on the Elder Scrolls Online site.