Patch 7.0.7 for Elder Scrolls Online is here and brings a host of fixes to Companions, its latest chapter Blackwood, and more.
Have you been frustrated with your companions just running in front of you when you stop moving? I have. It looks like the folks at Zenimax have reduced this from happening. Additionally, Bastian and Mirri’s non-combat perks will be active when either character is currently active and in your presence.
The loot drop chances from non-boss enemies has increased as well for companion gear, and they won’t “loudly mourn” the death of your group’s members. Instead, they’ll only cry out the player who summoned them.
Additional Companion fixes and improvments include:
- You will no longer see quest indicators above the heads of other player’s Companions in your group when your own Companion has a quest to offer.
- Slightly increased the average frequency at which you gain rapport increases from killing enemies that Companions do not care for.
- Mirri now waits to get to know you a little better before asking again for help with her second personal quest.
- Companion combat level and class skill levels are now properly synchronized.
- Adjusted the help entry "Companions - Access" to improve clarity.
- Fixed an issue where a Companion could load in before their equipped gear.
- Fixed an issue where Companions could unintentionally gain experience after completing a Dark Anchor event.
- Reduced the frequency of Companion VO lines pertaining to synergy abilities.
The patch also brings various fixes and improvements to Blackwood itself for crafting, the economy, Rockgrove Trial, quests, exploration, items, and more. You can read the full patch notes here.
And if you missed it, we have tons of Elder Scrolls Online coverage about Blackwood. Say, for example, if you want to check out our review, you can do so here. And two months of live streams are currently underway which you can learn about here.