In case you missed it, Dual Universe discussed the Mission System set to arrive in update 0.24.
Previously, the team had stated their intent for players to create jobs for other players. In listening to player feedback, the team outlined their mission for the Mission System is to look for players to make money in new ways while appealing to several playstyles.
The key tenets for this system are:
- Offer new ways for players, especially new players, to make money.
- Allow merchants to focus on creating goods rather than spending time traveling to markets to sell their wares.
- Give those who enjoy traveling more than making things a lucrative reason to take to those beautiful, wide-open skies.
- Create more traffic in space, hence more opportunities for pirates.
- Help organizations to coordinate internal work.
The system outlines a job forum where you can create jobs with a bunch of specifications. They shared the UI which is still a work in progress at the moment. They also outline hauling missions as an example. Keep in mind, this will be an evolving system. You can check out the full details here.