Season 24 for Diablo 3 is going live on July 23 at 5p PDT and is set to bring balance changes and more. Here’s what you can expect.
The theme of this season is Ethereal Memory inspired by the impending launch of Diablo 2 Resurrected in September 23 this year. If you missed it, check out our impressions of the technical alpha here. This season will include 21 weapons from Diablo 2 and will include rare items.
Here are some other patch notes for Ethereals in the upcoming season:
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
The patch will also include tweaks and adjustments to various things like Monk skill changes, Wizard skill changes, various item changes, and some bug fixes including:
- Monk Fixes
- All Mystic Allies and their abilities now benefit from +Mystic Ally Damage.
- Fixed a bug where Shenlong's Spirit 2pc bonus did not trigger consistently while casting Tempest Rush.
- Witch Doctor Ethereal Fix | The Gidbinn
- +200% to all Voodoo skills now properly benefits Fetish Sycophants.