The 2.7.1 patch for Diablo 3 PTR is now live and brings Ethereals from Diablo 2. Here are the details.
The main thrusts of this patch are three buffs unique to PTR. The first is increased Legendary drop rates, the second is increased experience gain, and the third is double Blood Shard drops. Additionally, the patch brings class and balance changes to Monk’s Inna’s Manstra set, Crusader's Aegis of Valor set and the Necromancer's Masquerade of the Burning Carnival set. Additionally, there’s new season theme testing underway.
Ethereals from Diablo 2 are the big item here. Some patch notes here include:
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai's Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play. Please note that the reward functionality for Ethereal Recollection will not be available during PTR 2.7.1.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
You can check out the full patch notes here. Diablo 3 has been receiving continual updates for quite some time now. For example, a PTR patch earlier this year brought about a revamp to followers with that new follower system releasing into the full game soon after.