Diablo 2 Median XL Released - Overhaul Mod Features New Endgame, Skills & Improvements
It's a huge occasion for fans of Diablo II as the Median XL mod has finally been released. The mod is a complete overhaul of the game that brings new and revamped skills, deep customization options, "extensive endgame content", thousands of new items, and multiple other improvements to the base Diablo II game.
Some of the most unique features include:
- over thirty new abilities and five "Reward Skills" for every class. "Experiment with many unique builds such as Crossbow Necromancer, Melee Sorceress, Treewarden Druid and more".
- thousands of new items "to acquire through farming, boss killing and crafting"
- endgame content isn't just killing the same monsters at slightly more difficult. "Our endgame content features over 40 new quests which involve testing your character and reflexes against deadly bosses, efficiently farming new areas and uncovering many secrets".
- new areas to discover "such as Heaven and the realms of Hell, the new town of Caldeum and fallen cities such as Duncraig, Viz-jun and Toraja" and even traveling back in time to play as Diablo to break into the Worldstone chamber
- improved crafting and customization
- modernized Diablo II engine
- play through a unique online gateway with servers in NA, EU and Asia
Players wishing to use the Median XL mod will need to have an installed version of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.
Learn more on the Diablo II: Median XL site.