SMITE has been updated with the Darkness Falls patch that is anchored by a new Assault Map. "Ragnarok has come and gone, transforming Asgard in the process", the patch notes read. The map has new art assets to give it a darker, more foreboding feel, but also comes along with new gameplay mechanics "to encourage more fighting".
Other interesting components of the Darkness Falls update include:
- lower costs to reroll Gods
- new objective called Vital Orbs that spawn in the corners of maps when towers are destroyed. Collect them to receive a variety of buffs
- tweaks to Conquest objectives
- item and God balance changes
- New Player Experience tweaks
- UI updates
- new God skins
- bug fixes
Check out the full patch notes on the SMITE site.