The Sea of Thieves site has been updated with the latest patch notes that bring a number of quality of life improvements to the Cursed Sails event. In addition, a number of performance fixes were put into place to increase stability and to reduce server crashes.
- Cursed Sails Battle Times - Players who can only play during fixed times will be able to battle for a different region each week. For example, if this week your fixed playtime only allows you to encounter The Battle for the Shores of Plenty, next week you will encounter The Great Battle of the Ancient Isles during the same fixed playtime.
- Cursed Sails Battle Encounter Indicator - Battle music can now be heard from greater distances. Additionally, the flow when UI banners appear and music plays has been improved.
- Cursed Sails Resources - Treasure items and Barrels of Plenty will now float for longer. This allows greater opportunity to find resources and treasures mid-battle.
- Cursed Sails Battle Cooldown - The timer between battles has been extended to give players a chance to collect loot dropped by defeating the skeleton crews.
- Cursed Sails Battle Despawn - The battle despawn timer has been increased, which will give sunk crews a greater chance to sail back and continue the battle they started.
- Skeleton Ship VFX - Improvements have been made to VFX of water splashes when skeleton ships emerge.
Check out the full update video dev diary below or head straight to the Sea of Thieves site to learn more.