In case you haven't found the perfect "open world survival sci-fi wilderness game", Daedelic Entertainment has you covered with its announcement today of CryoFall. The "multiplayer survival RPG" is being developed by AtomicTorch Studios and will be entering Steam Early Access on April 3rd. Up to 200 players can be supported on a server "with each evolving to create a unique world and, in turn, gameplay experience," according to the press announcement.
- Complex crafting and industrial system, including oil refining and lithium extraction.
- Various stages of technological progress (primitive, industrial, modern, post-modern, sci-fi).
- Farming with complex crop growth simulation, fertilizers, etc. and diverse cooking options.
- Wide range of player interactions and roles with specialization options emphasizing meaningful interactions rather than just combat.
- Economy with coin minting, complex trading and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully handcrafted maps and locations (plus map editor).
- Storyline elements discovered through exploration.
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, etc.).
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
- Complex character simulation with several dozens of status effects (e.g., bleeding, poisoning, radiation, etc.).
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing.
Check out the CryoFall Steam page to learn more.