Today Corsair announced at Computex the Bulldog, a DIY PC built exclusively to bring 4K gaming to the living room. Composed of a DIY kit with a stylish gaming console-sized chassis, liquid CPU cooler, power supply, and motherboard, and designed with plenty of space for customization and upgrades, Bulldog provides the foundation for users to build the ultimate living room PC. Using its proprietary liquid CPU and GPU cooling technology, Corsair condensed the desktop PC computing performance into Bulldog’s compact form factor. An early version of Bulldog is on display at Computex 2015, with availability expected in early Q4.
You'll still have to purchase a GPU to put into the system, but Corsair also announced a partnership with NVIDIA to support eForce GTX Titan X, GTX 980, GTX 970, and the just announced GeForce GTX 980 Ti provided by MSI. Presumably, you could also put in any other GPU that has the proper dimensions to fit in the rig.
See the full list of features in the Bulldog, and its controller station called the "Lapdog" which aims to bring the complexity and depth of PC/Mouse controls to the couch for the new Bulldog systems.
For more info visit: www.corsair.com/bulldog
- Bulldog DIY kit:
- Chassis - Provides a highly ventilated, stylish, compact console design that enhances the living room and keeps PC components cool.
- SFX power supply - Offers high-efficiency 600 watts of power in standard SFX12V form factor that runs smooth and quiet.
- Mini-ITX motherboard - Supports the latest multi-core desktop PC CPUs.
- Hydro Series H5SF small form factor liquid CPU cooler - Quietly cools the fastest CPUs while exhausting heat from the chassis.
- MSRP: $399
- Optional: Drop-in ready liquid-cooled graphics cards will be announced soon. Upgrade kits with a Hydro Series H55 liquid cooler and HG10 graphics card cooling bracket will be available for $99.
Lapdog – bringing keyboard and mouse precision to the living room
Also announced at Computex with Bulldog is Lapdog, Corsair’s portable gaming control center that brings the precision of desktop gaming to the living room. Wired for maximum performance, Lapdog is a lapboard that features a large mouse mat area and keyboard dock for Corsair mechanical gaming keyboards.
- Wired for maximum performance without battery charging hassles.
- Large 7”x11” mouse mat area and keyboard dock.
- Powered USB hub for keyboard, mouse, headset, game controllers and flash drives.
- Memory foam underside cushion for user comfort.
- MSRP: Available as a standalone station for $89 or complete with keyboard for $199