A cooperative open world RPG called Swords 'n Magic and Stuff has surpassed its Kickstarter in just a few days.
Here’s how the Kickstarter page describes itself,
“Swords 'n Magic and Stuff is a cute, cooperative, open world video game centered around the joy of discovery. This game is a passion project that I've been bringing to life for over two years now. Swords 'n Magic and Stuff is a love letter to all the game worlds I lost myself in growing up. The game is being developed with my wife and daughter in mind. We'd searched for years for a game like Swords 'n Magic and finally I just decided that I'd have to take matters into my own hands.”
Here is a non-exhaustive list of features:
- Play with your friends in networked multiplayer
- Collect and discover hundreds of items
- Use anything - No class or level restrictions
- Hands-off quests - No breadcrumbs or quest markers
- Dual wield anything
- Buy, tame and collect dozens of mounts and pets
- Seasons and weather effects
- Seasonal events and unique seasonal items
It looks like discovery is the primary driver, as there are no classes, levels, or restrictions. Crafting is a feature, with the goal of “play at your own pace with no hand-holding.” You can check out the video below which goes over the lore, but be sure to the check out the page linked above as the developer posts videos frequently showcasing the game’s features including magic, treasure hunting, and rune gates.
Thanks for the tip, starzzareblind!