If you've been waiting to see what Conqueror's Blade is all about, this coming weekend is your golden opportunity. The game will be open to all for a special beta test for anyone who has registered. The event will run from Friday, February 15th to Sunday, February 17th with 24-hour access to servers. Players can try out the brand new tutorial, new siege maps, the territory war system, the "dynamic campaign" and the crafting / development systems.
- New tutorial: As soon as players create a new character they will be taken to a quest-based tutorial area to learn the fundamentals of melee, mounted, and siege combat, as well as unit leadership. Afterwards, they can choose a home region, with varying cultural influences to start their adventures.
- Dynamic campaign: No longer limited to inconsequential castle sieges, warlords are encouraged to explore the unique Gameworld; to secure resources - by trade or by conquest - and to establish themselves in competition with other players and roaming NPC bandits.
- Crafting and development systems: Warlords will divide their (peace) time between friendly settlements and their personal camp, between which research and resources will be acquired and spent to develop raw recruits into elite units equipped with the finest arms and armour.
- Territory Wars: On alternate days armies can take part in Territory Wars, which are effectively declarations of all-out war. Attacking armies will converge on their pre-preferred targets, while the defenders must effectively come together to try to send the invaders packing.
- New maps: As well as new siege maps, there are new field battle locations that simulate the kind of skirmishes that occur when opposing armies meet on the open road or away from major settlements. Some of these battles can be played in PvP or PvE (using the same matchmaking system).
You can register for access to the weekend event by visiting the Conqueror's Blade site.