Season III: Soldiers of Fortune is heading to Conqueror’s Blade for free on April 21.
Warlords can take up arms for the new season and look forward to a brand-new playable weapon class: the Maul. According to the press release, the Maul is first new class since open beta and the eleventh playable weapon class so far.
Five new units will be introduced which will be inspired by Renaissance-era Italy, including:
- Pavise Crossbowmen (Tier 5) are paid well enough to afford heavy shields and crossbows capable of puncturing chainmail.
- Fortebraccio Pikemen (Tier 4) are cavalry killers that take their name from their fallen captain Mastino Fortebracci, a legendary soldier of fortune.
- Condottieri Guards (Tier 3) are swordsmen well-balanced in attack and defence and are typically the first to charge and last to retreat.
- The artillery unit (Tier 5) is the first of its kind, armed with cutting-edge, gunpowder-fuelled cannons that can tear through enemies like a hot knife through butter.
- A new Mercenary unit that can be recruited by spending Silver or Sovereigns on the Unit Tree: the Martellatori (Tier 1). Though not mighty warriors, these hulking builders can push siege engines and easily soak up damage that would kill lesser men.
Additionally, the Battle Pass will feature over 100 levels of rewards, in addition to season-exclusive cosmetics and other items. The Season III Battle Pass will be available to purchase in-game and from Steam upon the update’s release.