Brig 12 Aims to Bring a 'Fresh Take on Classic Turn-Based RPGs'
Brig 12 is an upcoming RPG from Traega Entertainment, a Nashville studio filled with veterans from Blizzard, EA, Riot and Ubisoft. The game is being designed to be a "fresh take on classic turn-based RPGs" by allowing players to progress their characters through a card collection system. Brig 12 will be launching as a free-to-play title in August for PC via Steam.
Brig 12 is an outer space high-security location where wily bounty hunters can turn in their bounties from all over the Altera System. Players are clones of their predecessor and they step into those shoes and work to maintain the empire, make money and create another clone so they can go off into the sunset of retirement.
Players will battle foes to "earn loot, defeat bosses and capture bounties" through turn-based RPG gameplay. These bounties are "bite-sized" missions that can be quickly and efficiently cleaned up during short gaming sessions. Players will also assemble a party, customize its gear and abilities to make a strong team for bounty hunting.
- Strategic RPG Gameplay – Approach every aspect of the game any way. Choose how to battle, progress your crew, manage inventory, and when to retire a clone and start anew. It’s a big universe and there is no set path to success.
- Extensive Loot Collection – With thousands of items to collect, BRIG 12 offers an abundant amount of space loot. Each item has varying rarity and stats and can equip your crew, provide them skills and attacks, or help craft augments to aid in battle. Loot is earned simply by playing the game – defeat enemies, turn in bounties, salvage unused items, or spend in-game currency at BRIG 12 to earn new and powerful items.
- Deep Character Progression Trees – Assemble and oversee a diverse and robust team of loyal crew members. With 35 unique crew classes, players can manage their progression and XP to optimize the crew they want to lead.
- Humorous Attacks and Skills – From well-dressed venom spitting snakes, to encasing enemies in green jelly, to unleashing “DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!”, it’s easy to destroy enemies in style.
- Retire, Reset, Replay – BRIG 12’s unique game loop allows players to keep all of their loot after they retire for leveled-up replays. Players can continually create new clones to build up their retirement island for additional upgrades and bragging rights.
- Copious Character Customization – Want a blue mohawk? Pink ponytails? Bushy beards? An orange combover? There’s no judging in BRIG 12! With 42 hairstyles, 22 face shapes, 16 hair colors, and 16 facial hair options, players can create their own unique clones.
- Truly Free to Play – BRIG 12 is completely playable for free. There are no limitations to play through all aspects of the game. The items offered in the shop are there to
Learn more on the Brig 12 site.