A casual look at BlizzardCareers.com reveals that a lot of Diablo projects are in the works which is something that we've known for a while and are cautiously optimistic that more will be revealed at this year's Blizzcon. However, one thing piqued our interest: Blizzard's unannounced project that is looking for people interested in building an "action packed game" with a beautiful, visceral core combat experience" and that someone should have a "passion for co-op games, RPGs & board games".
Some of the positions include:
Of particular interest is the Lead / Sr. Level Designer position that offers a bit of insight into what the project might be:
- Own level design and world building from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating team members to ensure the vision is clearly defined and understood.
- Research, define, pitch, and evangelize level design/project goals and objectives, ensuring the game's creative pillars are captured.
- Partner with engineering to define and create tooling that effectively compliments Blizzard's world-class handcrafted level design.
- Build and lead a small team of level designers and world artists, recruiting and mentoring extraordinary talent, and fostering a team where you lead responsibly through positive example.
- Embrace Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
Other key take-aways from the job listings:
- next-gen AI including motion capture systems
- a "robust first-person engine" for an action-packed game
- "unique visual direction"
Interested to see what you can ferret out of the job listings? Head to BlizzardCareers.com or any of the links above and let us know what you find!