Black Desert on console is set to receive the Great Ocean of Magoria region today, roughly doubling the size of the world.
The update is set to arrive on Xbox One and PS4 today, and sits just northwest of the mainland. It’s described as a beautiful ocean filled with new treasures and life, containing secrets hidden just beneath the water’s surface.
You’ll be able to explore on boat, or by diving under the surface. The ocean floor is home to a host of new resources players can gather to make accessories, among other things. Those who choose to manually captain their ship across the tumultuous sea will gain sailing experience that will help them master any sea vessel.
The accompanying press release also shared out some new features arriving as part of this update, including:
- Guild-vs-guild naval combat - Guard your wealth and trade routes by defeating rival guilds in fierce ship-to-ship combat
- Ship construction - Build your private sailing ship or work with your guild to build powerful galleys that are packed with firepower
- New harbors and ocean - Establish lucrative trade routes as the trading system expands to the open seas
- Sea monster hunting - Take down the terrifying sea monsters that live in the depths of the Margoria ocean and earn guild silver.
- Enhanced skills - Reel in new species of fish in the Margoria ocean and gather other ingredients to improve your cooking skills
- New quests - Meet new characters and continue on your grand adventure
- Dynamic weather system - that affects gameplay