Biomutant, the open world action game which released month, has received a patch. This time, the patch aims to reduce the gibberish spoken before your narrator begins translating. Here’s what else it includes.
The patch, Patch 1.4, is available across platforms including PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It contains some PS4-specific fixes, PC-specific fixes for those platforms. More broadly, the patch touches on difficulty settings, new game+, settings, items, loot, sound, combat fixes, quests, achievements, crash fixes, user interface, world, and miscellaneous fixes.
The dialogue and narrator tweaks are particularly noteworthy. These adjustements include:
- Reduced the amount of gibberish spoken before the Narrator starts translating.
- Added dialogue setting toggles for “Gibberish” and “Narrator” allowing players to select if they want to hear the narrator, the gibberish or both when talking to NPCs.
- Fixed narration and gibberish playing silently and producing an awkward pause when each corresponding volume setting is set to 0 instead of skipping the sound entirely.
- Removed the text delay animation when either gibberish or narration is disabled.
PS4 received some love here with memory allocation seeing adjustments to avoid crashes. On the PC side, AMD CPU systems with built-in graphics should see fewer crashes. Combat received a ton of fixes including:
- Fixed issue with abnormally high damage output due to consumable top mod applying meta damage multiple times during equip and unequip.
- Fixed ability damage not being able to inflict critical hits.
- Reduced Dead-Eye Sharpshooter perk damage multiplier from 2.0 to 1.25 to ensure that it is comparable to other perks.
- Disabled end-of-combat slow motion camera for short combat scenarios.
- Adjusted valid angles for combat targets to reduce camera movement in combat.
You can read the full extensive patch notes here. We recently reviewed Biomutant. You can catch our full review here. We called the game an “enigma.” While we like the fact that there was a ton to do, full customization of your character, and NPC stories, we didn’t really appreciate the narrator and overall jankiness.