The Witcher 3 will be updating soon to v1.07 that will include a lot of much-needed attention to the rather poor inventory system the game currently utilizes. Among other things, there will be a player stash, a new tab just for books that have already been read, multiple inventory sorting options and more.
While no further details have been revealed about specifics with regard to the update, CD Projekt Red promises more information this week.
In the meantime, here's the short list:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
Check out the full forum thread on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt forum.