Patch 6 for Baldur’s Gate 3 is almost here and brings with it some new additions.
For one, Patch 6 will include a new playable class. If you happen to be at EGX this week, you can actually go hands-on with this new playable class. Larian are only hinting, “Who’s ready to make some magic?”
Additionally, if you watched Twitch Plays: A Most Noble Sacrifice, you’ll be able to equip Salami as part of Patch 6. No, I’m not joking. As Larian notes, you can dual wield salami. Apart from that, Larian is a bit quiet on Patch 6 for now. We’ll have to wait until full patch notes are deployed.
As for what we do know, Patch 6 will weigh in at 60 GB. That’s pretty large. As a reminder, any saves from Patch 5 will be made incompatible once you patch your game to Patch 6. As ever, if you want to continue playing on your Patch 5 save, follow these steps:
- Right click on the game in your Steam library
- Select properties
- Click the BETAS tab
- In the list under "Select the beta you would like to opt in to", select Patch 5
- Close the properties menu
Additionally, you can create backups of your saves:
- Go to /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
- Find the folder that is named after the profile you used in the previous patch
- Copy and paste this entire folder into a backup location
- If you want to revert back to the previous patch, follow the instructions above and activate your old profile