The long-awaited Patch 5 for Baldur’s Gate 3 has finally arrived bringing features like active roll into the Early Access RPG.
We had previously covered off some of the bigger features to Patch 5 like the aforementioned active roll and non-lethal attacks. You can catch up on that overview here. Additionally, keep in mind your Patch 4 saves will be incompatible with Patch 5. If you want to continue playing on your Patch 4 saves, read the guide here.
As for Patch 5 itself, the patch notes are pretty substantial and cover improvements, additions, Apple M1 specific updates, gamelay and balance, changes to combat, and a host of bugfixes. For example, the non-exhaustive list of improvements and additions include:
- Added new scenes expanding on Shadowheart's mysterious artefact.
- Added new recruitment scenes with Shadowheart.
- Additional reactivity from Shadowheart when she approves of you.
- Added Background Goals - Now every character will have their own series of secret miniquests based on their Background and for each you complete you’ll receive an Inspiration Point up to a maximum of 4.
- Added new camp scene with Scratch and the owlbear cub.
- Added Point and Click character responses.
- Added 12 new magic items in loot and quest rewards.
- Revised active roll UI during dialogue. This includes improved displaying of bonuses and double dice for rolling with Advantage or Disadvantage.
- You can now use spells and items to increase chances when rolling during dialogue (including your companions' spells and items).