Hotfix #17 (yup, 17) is out now for Larian Studios’ Baldur’s Gate 3 bringing fixes for crashes and romance.
Larian notes their previous patch rendered Lae’zel unromanceable (that’s a word, right?) This was indeed a bug, something which this hotfix addresses. You can now romance Lae’zel regardless of your approval rating.
Other fixes include characters not causing Bludgeoning damage to everyone in their nearest proximity. That one is kind of funny to be honest. Here are the other fixes provided by Hotfix 17:
- AI now use their full arsenal of spells and items during combat.
- Fixed crash that would occur during a saving throw if an item was equipped that improved your proficiency in an ability.
- Character portraits now display correctly in the Twitch Extension during multiplayer.
- Triggering Wild Magic: Turn Magic no longer skips your turn in FTB or combat.
- Fixed shields from disappearing at the start of sheath animation.
- AI no longer take Attacks of Opportunity when they shouldn’t.
- Nere’s Shield of Screams now automatically activates as soon as he enters combat, and lasts for the duration of the fight.
- Performance drop during cinematic dialogue at the Tiefling Den is no more.
- Fixed rare crash that occurred when previewing a jump.
- A black square no longer appears in the middle of the screen when crossing the bridge to the Blighted Village with NPOT resolution and lensflare enabled.
In case you missed it, D&D is stirring up Bradford’s love for Baldur’s Gate as he uses the game to create his character to get ready for his first real D&D adventure in years. You can read all about his rediscovered love here.