The latest hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3 is available and should fix some empty inventories.
This hotfix is a hotfix to Patch 4, which you can read about here. As Larian Studios notes, in order to access these latest updates, be sure to opt out of any and all beta branches. You can do so by right-clicking on Baldur’s Gate 3 in your Steam library, going to Properties, Beta, and making sure “None” is selected under betas.
This hotfix brings about several fixes including:
- Fixed certain dialogue trigger checkpoints not working or getting stuck. This was related to being in Wild Shape while triggering dialogues.
- Fixed a possible crash when saving.
- Fixed a crash related to a VRAM leak.
- Fixed a crash related to PhysX materials.
- Fixed a crash when viewing tooltips by hovering over combatants while someone joins or leaves the game.
- Fixed a rare crash when entering character creation.
- Fixed a rare crash when an object falls into a chasm.
- Fixed a crash related to incorrect or corrupted game files.
- Fixed a crash related to closing containers if too many were opened by pressing escape quickly.
- Fixed empty inventory after pickpocketing a party member.