If you’ve been experiencing the “Device Lost” error in Baldur’s Gate 3, good news! A recent hotfix has brought about a solution.
The patch also brings fixes for crashing, loading, and more:
- Fixed "Device Lost" Vulkan API error message.
- Fixed the launcher crashing on startup on certain hardware configurations.
- Fixed a crash when loading Act 1.
- Fixed an issue with specific interfaces being displayed incorrectly at lower resolutions.
- Fixed not being able to reach the skeleton with the damaged headpiece in the blighted village.
While the patch notes themselves are quite short and sweet, hopefully the patch eases some frustration if you’ve encountered any of these issues. Baldur’s Gate 3 has received several patches in form of full featured patches introducing the Druid, in addition to smaller hotfixes.
For example, a recent hotfix addressed the seemingly terrifying and also quite hilarious issue of NPC’s rising from the dead. Baldur’s Gate 3 also received active roll functionality last month in addition to non-lethal attacks.
Baldur’s Gate 3 released into Early Access last October. Shortly after launch, we had the chance to go hands-on and provide some impressions on the RPG. If you missed it, you can read our impressions here.