Hotfix number 10 for Baldur’s Gate 3 is now live bringing several fixes and improvements to the game currently in Early Access.
Loaded dice is one of the things tweaked in the hotfix. It was originally added in Patch 4 and was meant to somewhat mitigate the dice roll curve. The team at Larian have continued tweaking this based on player feedback because the RNG still wasn’t feeling fun. Therefore the team made a change,
“From now on, loaded dice will only bend RNG in the rolling character's favour. That means you will not be made to miss to make up for a lucky streak of hits. This change also applies to NPC's and enemies, so the effects on the relative challenge of combat should be minimal.”
- Disable the failure RNG debt for combat rolls
- Fixed crash when examining a deactivated entity (like the Bulette disappearing).
- Added game pages for D:OS and D:OS2
- Added a button for players to verify game files after a crash
- Double clicking via LMB on the game selection section (Top left) no longer makes the launcher details disappear.
- Update the bottom logo to add interactivity + make it clear it leads to larian.com
- Selecting a game using RMB no longer causes the player to be stuck on one game
- Added continue button so you can load your most recent save directly from the launcher