The land claims system has arrive to Atlas as part of the most recent patch.
As previously reported, the land claims system would allow you to claim land using a land claims tower. This tower would then see you claim everything within its radius. However, this is only possible after the tower reaches full health, and this takes about 45 minutes. You can, however, speed up this process with gold.
Additionally, and claimed area is visible on the map. In fact, these claim towers can be seen using the spyglass. These towers also cost island points beginning with 4 points. Any enemies can attack and damage the tower when it’s building. You can even destroy it. Fortunately, you can repair the tower for 2% health every 5 seconds. But, keep in mind this costs gold. Interestingly, if there’s a competing tower which has completed building within the radius of your tower before your tower has completed building, your tower is destroyed. So there’s that.
That patch also brings several bug fixes and improvements such as:
- NPCs will no longer target Grenades
- Some Blueprint Craft Counts increased at higher quality tiers
- The Single Player map on PC has been updated to include Sea Forts and Ship Salesman Island
- Bug Fix: Army of the Damned Treasure Guards should no longer spawn underneath structures
- Bug Fix: Antidote no longer disappears from the Mortar and Pestle
- Bug Fix: Crossing grids in Single Player should no longer cause the game to crash
- Bug Fix: Resolved issue where properties in GameUserSettings.ini were reverted to their default settings on private servers
Check out the full patch notes here.