When Title Update 1.2.1 goes live later today for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you’ll finally be able to toggle those cinematic finishers. This author is not at all annoyed by them nearly every single time he gets a kill. Nope. Not salty at all.
Here are the file sizes dependent on your platform.
- Xbox Series X|S: ~16GB
- Xbox One: ~12.8GB
- PlayStation®5: ~5.5 GB
- PlayStation®4: 5-8 GB (depending on region)
- PC: ~14 GB
The patch was scheduled for 8a ET today, so you should already be able to download it on your end. The patch includes several improvements touching on balance, quests, world events, side activities, graphics, audio, animation, river raids, Jomsvikings, raids, gameplay, world, UI, AI, and much more.
Here’s a quick peak at what you can expect in the full patch notes:
- Added an option to the gameplay menu to toggle the cinematic camera on/off during finisher moves.
- Addressed an issue preventing the duel with Dag from triggering after sleeping in A Brewing Storm.
- Started populating the game with missing fish species: halibut small, sturgeon small, flat fish big, and mackerel big. Check out our forum post for the exact locations.
- Allowed Bayek's and Altair’s outfit appearance to apply to other armor when using Transmog.
- Addressed an issue that prevented horse galloping sound from playing.
It was announced earlier this month that the first expansion for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, called Wrath of the Druids, was delayed till May 13. You can learn more about that delay here. This Title Update 1.2.1 comes after the game experienced several issues with crashing and instability in the earlier parts of this year, prompting the team to issue several hotfixes along the way. Check out our review here.