Good news if you’re playing Fractured. The latest patch has ensured that certain projectiles like arrows will no longer go through target in the server.
The patch notes were concise and largely focused on bug fixes surrounding earning gold, duplicate items, joining nations, and more. Here is what was addressed by the patch:
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause a city not to earn gold from purchases of land parcels in the region, even though an entry stating "1,000 gold gained from purchase" was added to the city's journal.
- Fixed a bug that in rare circumstances could cause an item to duplicate when taken out of the storage of a marketplace.
- Citizens are now able to place packaging stations everywhere within the region of their city.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made a city that received an invite to join a nation unable to accept it.
- Fixed a bug with the game's physics that sometimes caused very fast projectiles (arrows) to go through targets in the server (they disappeared in the client, but didn't do any damage).
Fractured has been seeing several patches of late, which is to be expected for a game in active development. A server crash earlier this month was definitely a cause for concern. They were in contact with some SpatialOS engineers to understand the extent of what actually happened. In a forum post, they noted that player data was thankfully safe.
From a feature standpoint, new biomes were introduced to the game in the Spring Alpha on March 31. The video included Dynamight CEO Jacopo Gallelli detailing the biomes in addition to new creatures and various graphical improvements the team had made to Fractured through development.