In a Reddit post, Respawn Community Manager Jay Frechette spoke of the company’s awareness of cheating, and even dedicated an entire section of post to the topic.
We know reports of cheaters, especially in Ranked, have been a hot topic so this week we also wanted to provide a little visibility into some of the work that’s been going on behind the scenes to combat cheating.
He went on to lay out how Respawn plans on tackling cheaters, including:
- Using machine learning to create behavior models that detect and auto ban cheaters.
- Requiring TFA in certain regions on high risk accounts.
- Improving detection that identifies and bans new spam accounts before they are used.
- Ongoing work to adapt to new cheats.
- Matchmaking that matches detected cheaters and spammers together.
- Investigating how people party up for matches. Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating.
- Increasing resources whether that be people or tech.
Jay continued by requesting reports of cheating to be posted on the Apex Legends Reddit, with video proof of said cheating preferred.