The v1.0.3 update for Anthem went live over the weekend. It came out earlier than expected and bring some big changes to the game's loot system. In addition, respawn restrictions have been removed, though a short timer is in place for some activities. Technical improvements include better stability and audio enhancements. Lastly, a beefy list of bug fixes and other improvements addresses a wide array of systems and features. However, it appears a number of other issues have cropped up as well.
High level fixes and changes
- Respawn restrictions have been removed - Respawn timers are now based on the activity a player is in. Crit-Path, Agent Missions and other non-end game missions now have a respawn timer of 10 seconds. Strongholds, Legendary Contracts, and other end game missions now have a respawn timer of 30 seconds. The respawn timer Freeplay remains unchanged.
- Loot Changes - Common (white) and Uncommon (green) drops will no longer appear for players that are level 30.
- Improved stability for all platforms - this includes fixes for a number of issues that were causing crashes or connection problems
- Audio Improvements - Fixed a number of issues that could cause audio to drop out
Comments, as expected, run the gamut, though a few notable issues have cropped up with 1.0.3:
This games dropping nothing but blues and purples constantly doesnt matter what event you do or how many times you do it or what difficulty you do it on, done everything all the way up to GM3 and played pretty much constantly since last patch and have so far had 5 master works and 1 legendary since last update and neither where items i wanted or needed... Back to Destiny for a more rewarding gaming experience no dopamine high in anthem = dead game for people that like to get rewarded for grinding out missions that just repeat and there are only around 5 mission currently at end game all short and very similar. Sad for such a beautiful game.
Others issues mentioned (though it remains to be seen how widespread each of these are):
- Bluetooth headset stops working
- items not properly showing modifications
- connection issues
- lock up after mission completion
- loading issues requiring a hard close of the game
- connection losses
- objectives not showing up
- sound issues on XB1
Read the full update notes on the Anthem Reddit.