It looks like Anthem’s Cataclysm event is back, according to the latest patch notes.
The Anthem page has been updated for the latest patch notes indicating the return of Cataclysm, but seemingly with little fanfare or marketing behind it.
“The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls. The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you’ll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.”
Along with its return, Season of Skulls promises a boss encounter upon the completion of three Skull Freeplay events. In fact, most of the new features revolve around Season of Skulls:
- The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls. The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you’ll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.
- New Season of Skulls Freeplay events. Successfully finish three of these events in one Freeplay session to spawn a boss encounter.
- Learn more about Season of Skulls lore through a scavenger hunt and new data archives.
- Mass Salvage is now available on all inventory management screens.
- The chance to obtain a legendary item from a war chest has increased by 250%
- A Legendary-Only War Chest has been added to the Seasonal Store
Bug fixes are also included with crash fixes being a highlight. Others include auto-loot, which now works for all high-rarity loot drops in a single game session.
Check out the full notes here.