Amazon has announced, and provided early access sign-ups for Luna, a new cloud gaming platform. Luna boasts that it will be able to stream 2 devices at a time and up to 1080p at 60 frames per second.
While there hasn’t been a specific library mentioned, Amazon has listed several gaming companies, including Ubisoft, Capcom, 505 Games, and Team 17, that will have games available in Luna. Here is a short list of features, including early access pricing for Luna+:
- Early Access Pricing 5.99/Month
- Stream 2 devices at a time
- Upt to 1080p/60fps (4k coming soon)
- Play on PC, Mac, Fire TV and Web Apps for iPhone and iPad
In addition to luna has also released an image of their own controller, which looks quite similar to an Xbox controller.
There is also a separate Ubisoft subscription service that seems to be promoted alongside Luna+. The official Luna landing page also has a number of answers to some pressing questions. Here are a couple you may find interesting:
- What is Luna+?Luna+ game channel offers a growing library of new and favorite titles. Set up Luna profiles to play on two devices at the same time at up to 1080p/60fps. 4K coming soon for select titles.
- What is the Ubisoft channel?The Ubisoft game channel will include new and favorite titles from Ubisoft, including ultimate edition versions for select titles. The Ubisoft channel will provide you access to play on one device at up to 4k resolution for select titles. Stay tuned for more news.
- What internet speed do I need for Luna?The minimum recommended internet connection speed for streaming games is 10 Mbps (35 Mbps required to play in 4K). Better internet connections will result in improved streaming quality and resolution.
- Where is Luna available?Luna is supported across mainland US. We currently do not support Hawaii, Alaska, and U.S. territories.