When Oberon launches into Albion Online later this month, one of its big features is the randomized dungeon system. In a new "Dev Talk", Game Director Robin Henkys talks about the new feature including the "key components of this feature" and how it works. This is part one of a two-part series.
- are found through Hidden Entrances that can appear anywhere in the world, or through dungeon maps or they can be found in "existing fixed dungeon locations in the open world"
- entrances will tell players which faction they'll be facing off against, though some may not reveal the faction and others can take place in the overworld
- are mostly linear, with some side jaunts and "backtracks" so they are fast-paced
- will require 4-6 "appropriately equipped players"
- offer open world group PvE to all players
Check out the video below or head to the Albion Online site to learn more.