Neverwinter PC players can now head into the game to check out the latest content expansion, Ravenloft. This brings the community to one of the most iconic D&D locations ever and sends adventurers off to confront Baron Strahd in Barovia. Players will enjoy a number of new features including a "meaningful day-to-night cycle", the Tarokka Card collection and reading system, the Castle Ravenloft end game dungeon and much more.
While the heroes of Neverwinter are banding together to free this cursed land from Strahd’s control, they will experience new features such as:
- Barovia Adventure Zone – From the Vistani Camp surrounded by a dense forest to the Ruins of Berez, Ravenloft’s setting is a stark change of scenery from the bright and lively Protector’s Enclave. The gothic horror theme plays a huge role in this new module.
- Castle Ravenloft Endgame Dungeon – The infamous lair of Strahd von Zarovich makes its Neverwinter debut and provides an endgame challenge for the most daring and powerful adventurers in (or out of) the Realms. Challenge the lord of the land for impressive rewards.
- Meaningful Day-to-Night Cycle – Fear the night! The time of day in Barovia determines which creatures, object and NPCs will spawn throughout the land as well as how ferocious enemies will be.
- New Heroic Encounter & Monster Hunts – At the edge of Strahd’s domain rests the fabled Yester Hill where Druids worship the vampire lord. Party up to tackle this new heroic encounter, then learn how Ravenloft redefines the “monster” in the Monster Hunt activity where players can modify difficulty with unique hands of Tarokka Cards for unique rewards.
- Ravenloft Campaign – Barovia is cursed and adventurers have been summoned to free its denizens. In Neverwinter’s latest campaign, players will explore the darkest corners of Barovia to get the upper hand on Strahd and his vast army of evil. Completing the campaign unlocks a unique set of boons to aid in future adventures.
- Tarokka Card System – Like the devious playing cards that summon players to the domain of dread, overcoming the many obstacles within Ravenloft unlocks unique cards. Wager these cards in Monster Hunts or collect the whole set and turn them in to Madame Eva for a special reward.
Check out the launch trailer and then head to the Neverwinter site to learn more.