Diablo 2's Mephisto, Lord of Hatred Bringing His Special Brand of Evil to the Nexus
Just ahead of the start of Gamescom 2018, Blizzard has announced that the next "hero" coming to the Heroes of the Storm Nexus is none other than Diablo 2's Lord of Hatred, Mephisto. He is a ranged assassin with such nifty skills as Skull Missile, Lightning Nova, Hade of Mephisto (teleport and damage) and heroic skills Consume Souls and Durance of Hate.
Overview: A highly aggressive Mage who deals incredible sustained damage by reducing the cooldowns of his abilities when damaging enemies.
- Lord of Hatred
- Hitting enemy Heroes with Basic Abilities reduces Mephisto's Basic Ability cooldowns.
- Skull Missile and Shade of Mephisto grant 1.5 seconds of cooldown reduction per Hero hit, and Lightning Nova grants 0.3 seconds per Hero hit
- Skull Missile (Q)
- Conjure a skull that travels in the target direction after 0.75 seconds, dealing 127 damage to enemies hit and Slowing Heroes hit by 25% for 2 seconds.
- Cost: 20
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Lightning Nova (W)
- A ring of lightning appears around Mephisto for 2.5 seconds. Enemies within the ring take 48 damage every 0.25 seconds.Each time a cast of Lightning Nova hits a Hero, its damage is increased by 4%, up to 40%.
- Cost: 55
- Cooldown: 14 seconds
- Shade of Mephisto (E)
- Teleport to a location, dealing 78 damage to nearby enemies and leaving behind a Shade of Mephisto at Mephisto's original location. After 2.5 seconds, Mephisto is teleported back to the Shade's location.
- Cost: 40
- Cooldown: 18 seconds
- Consume Souls (R)
- Channel for 2.5 seconds, revealing all enemy Heroes. After the Channel completes, all enemy Heroes take 357 damage and are Slowed by 40% for 2.5 seconds.
- Cost: 80
- Cooldown: 120 seconds
- Durance of Hate (R)
- After 1 second, unleash a wave of evil spirits that Root the first enemy Hero hit for 2 seconds and deal 160 damage to them over the same duration. Durance of Hate spreads outwards from its initial target, Rooting and damaging additional nearby enemy Heroes.
- Cost: 60
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
We'll keep you posted as more is revealed during this week's convention!