Grimlands was a hybrid sandbox/questing post-apocalyptic MMORPG being developed by Drago Entertainment, and to be published by Gamigo. It was going to be reminiscent of games such as Darkfall and Fallen Earth, and improve on gameplay aspects of other popular MMORPGs, from Ultima Online to EVE Online. Grimlands is currently on hiatus as the development team takes a break.
Set in the aftermath of nuclear detonations, players will travel through wilderness and shanty town locations, hunting and being hunted by radioactive beasts, bandits, and outlaws. PvE and PvP combat will both be quality factors of gameplay, with enemy AI set a few notches higher than the usual MMORPG. Duel and arena fighting will also be available. Grimlands is also being set up to have customizable vehicles. Stay tuned for more details as they are released!
- Atomic Wasteland | Finally, a new vision of the end of the world in MMORPG form.
- Ultima Online-inspired Progression System | Allowing characters to become a jack-of-all-trades badass over time played.
- Player-driven Economy | Similar to EVE Online, where players must create, sell, and buy the better quality items in game.
- Smart Combat | Erratic shooting won’t cut it here; players will be to focus on taking down enemies with precision aiming if skillful enough.
- Contested Lands | With just a few towns and valuable land remaining, occupying and defending these locations will be a large part of the game.