MMORPG.com has been given special gift keys for Rift that will give players the Racing Snail in game mount! Get your free key now!
Released by Trion Worlds in early 2011, Rift takes place in the world of Telara where players take on the personality of an "Ascended." Two competing factions of Ascended, the Guardians and the Defiant, battle through the monsters of Telara in an effort to bring down Regulos, a dragon god bent on the complete destruction of Telara.
Rifts, or tears between various dimensions and Telara, are dynamic events that can open up quite suddenly. These events feature open grouping with players being able to join one another to defeat the creatures spewing forth from the rifts.
One of Rift's most compelling features is the Ascended Class System. Players begin by choosing one of four callings: Warrior, Mage, Rogue or Cleric. During the course of the game, players increase in strength and can "attune" their callings and mix and match "souls," or sub-classes, to become more specialized and flexible.
- Two Warring Factions | Choose from the two opposing factions of the Guardians and Defiant, each with three races to pick from.
- Six Races | Adventure with the Guardian races of Dwarves, High Elves, and Mathosian humans, or the Defiant races of Bahmi, Kelari elves, and Eth humans.
- Dynamic Content | Explore the world of Telara and group with others to take on dynamic content such as rifts, world bosses, and other in-game events.
- Dungeons and Raids | Take on small group Chronicles, 5-person dungeons, or 10-to-20 player raids to earn special rewards.
- Tradeskills | Engage in Rift's deep tradeskill system with a host of gathering and crafting skills, including Butchering, Foraging, Mining, Runebreaking, Apothecary, Armorsmith, Artificer, Outfitter, Runecrafter, and Weaponsmith.
- Warfronts and Conquest | Engage in two-faction PvP in instanced Warfronts or three-faction open-world PvP with Rift's Conquest mode.
- Consistent Game Updates | Experience new features like Instant Adventures, high-level Slivers, and Mentoring and Barbershop systems with Rift's consistent game updates.