New Card Set Announced
Legends of Norrath - New Card Set Announced
Today, SOE has announced a new card set for their Legends of Norrath trading card game. The new addition will be known as "Oathbreaker" and includes over 250 new cards.
Today, Sony Online Entertainment is set to announce a new card set for their Everquest spinoff trading card game, Legends of Norrath. The new card set, titled “Oathbreaker”, is the fourth set to join the game since it began. The new Oathbreaker set will launch on June 19th and will be the last set to release before the game’s $100,000 World Championship event at Gen Con Indy (August 14-17).
The new set, which contains “hundreds of new cards and gameplay features”, will also continue the game’s “Inquisitor” story arc which SOE tells us began with the very first Legends of Norrath release, “Oathbound” (the names at least seem to be pretty good bookends).
“Oathbreaker has played a significant role in the sequence of Legends of Norrath development both internally and with the player community,” said Scott Martins, director of development, SOE Denver. “With over 250 new cards to enhance your strategies, Oathbreaker is a perfect point to jump into the game, just in time for the monthly Legends of Norrath Championship Series, which is set to culminate in August in Indianapolis at Gen Con Indy 2008. At that event, 32 players will share a total prize pool of $100,000!”
The new set, it turns out, will be available for digital download in starter decks (which come with 58 cards) selling for $9.99 or smaller booster packs (15 in each) for $2.99. If you’re interested in check it out, you can find more on the game here. http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/
So, what can we expect feature-wise from this new addition to the LoN family?
- New Cards – More than 250 new cards for your online arsenal! Collect all 210 base set cards, four starter decks featuring 16 new quests and three random rares, 10 scenario rewards, fantastic new loot cards for EverQuest and EverQuest II and lots of new promotional cards.
- Play For Free - SOE is providing all registered LoN users even more complimentary content and bonus features in the game client, including ten new scenarios that tell the tale of Oathbreaker and a brand new raid. Go to www.legendsofnorrath.com for complete details.
- New Raid Play – In the Antechamber of Fate, up to four players can face off against the powerful island guardian Chel’Drak, the dragon turtle!
- New Gameplay – “Charge” is a new keyword that provides additional bonuses to cards while players have, or get rid of, their charge tokens. Relinkable navigation offers greater flexibility in play by allowing linked cards to be linked again to a new target.
- New Faces - Explore new unit types, legends, keywords and abilities for your favorite EverQuest and EverQuest II classes, with the introduction of “unarmed” Monks, Coercers, Templars and Beastlords (with their warder pets)!