Fortnite Now Includes In-Game Tournaments & the Quadcrasher Vehicle
When the latest update is finalized, Fortnite Battle Royale players will have new toys to play with thanks to the inclusion of the Quadcrasher 4-wheeled vehicle and the new in-game tournament system. Save the World players also have new toys with a pair of new weapons and Beta Storms "as a way to test new content and experimental ideas". This is a limited time mission alert.
Here are the major components of the update for Battle Royale:
- Disco Domination is the new Limited Time Mode
- Port-a-Fortress has been disabled for the time being
- Quadcrasher 2-seater vehicle
Tournament System - This new system is found in the Events tab. "This tab will host a variety of online competitions which are open to everyone.
- Each tournament has a series of scheduled dates and times that the competition will be run. A carousel of all upcoming competitions and times will be available for browsing, so you can plan and practice.
- Every scheduled session is a completely clean slate with all players starting on an equal footing at the beginning of play.
- Compete over the course of several hours to earn points by eliminating multiple opponents or surviving against the competition.
- Players are matched against opponents with similar scores during the session.
- Score enough points during any scheduled event session and you’ll earn a golden pin for that tournament!
For Save the World:
- Power Level Restrictions are now part of the game. "The minimum power ratings on missions are now enforced depending on the privacy setting of your party".
- Rat King Assault Rifle is added
- Grave Digger Assault Rift is added
- Dupe prevention for Mythic Lead Survivors added
- Beta Storms are an avenue for testing all kinds of new content. This gives us a chance to see what you think of new content and experimental ideas.
- Beta Storms are a limited-time Mission Alert. They'll only stick around for a week or two, and then they're gone.
This week, we've introduced a Retrieve the Data Beta Storm, along with a quest line with escalating rewards for trying out the Beta Storm.
- In this new version of Retrieve the Data you are under pressure as the Storm closes in on the balloon’s landing spot. The Storm will cause damage to you and force the combat into a smaller area when defending the Data. The mission is 20 minutes long and the only way to get the maximum reward is to shoot down the balloon as soon as allowed.
- This Beta Storm ends when the v6.20 update arrives, so try it out while it’s available.
Read the full update notes on the Fortnite site.