Final Fantasy XIV players learned that a new crossover event is planned to bring Noctis from Final Fantasy XV into the game. The event is likely to come in April and will see Noctis come into the world with the iconic vehicle from FFXV, the Regalia. He will join the Warrior of Light "in battle against magitek infantry, magitek armor and even the Messenger, Garuda, hailing from Eos".
Also during today's Letter from the Producer Live, the team revealed the patch schedule leading up to July's expansion release:
Patch 4.55 – coming 12th February
- New Rival Wings Map “Hidden Gorge” – The newest campaign in this large-scale 48-man PvP content will feature new mechanics and rules. Two teams will compete to control train stations within the arena to obtain valuable cargo, and best Goblin Mercenaries who roam the battlefield to win their favor and have them fight as an ally.
- Eureka Hydatos – The fourth and final entry in the Eureka storyline will raise the elemental level cap to 60, add new logos actions and allow gear enhanced in Pyros to be further improved. Those who follow the story to its conclusion will be able to enter The Baldesion Arsenal, an ultra high-end public instanced dungeon for up to 56 players. It’s a challenge not for the faint-hearted!
Patch 4.56 – coming Late March
- New Main Scenario Quests – the Stormblood storyline comes to a shocking conclusion.
- Even Further Hildibrand Adventures – the Inspector Extraordinaire makes a return.
- Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests – a new quest series bringing together the Beast Tribes of the last expansion.
- World Visit System – Travel to any world within your data center using the U’ldah, Limsa Lominsa, or Gridania aetherytes to meet and play with friends.
We'll keep you posted as more is announced.