Final Fantasy: Stormblood to End in 'Dramatic Fashion' in Requiem for Heroes
Final Fantasy XIV developers are bringing the events Stormblood to an end over a pair of patches set to be released in early 2019. Patch 4.5 "Requiem for Heroes" is a two-part update to the game with the first half coming in January 2019 and the second part in March 2019. Players looking forward to the Blue Mage job will also see it added in v4.5.
The Blue Mage job will "provide a unique solo gameplay experience by unveiling Blue Mage-exclusive content set to challenge players of the job when they hit level 50".
Requiem for Heroes will provide players with a number of new features to bring the events of Stormblood to a close. These include:
- New Main Scenario Quests
- The Finale of The Four Lords
- Even Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Instanced Dungeons – The Ghimlyt Dark
- New Return to Ivalice Raid – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Trials – Seiryu – The Wreathe of Snakes (Normal and Extreme)
- The Forbidden Land, Eureka – Hydatos Expedition
- Rival Wings Update – New Map
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE
- New World Visit System
- And much, much more…
More about each of the upcoming features will be revealed over the coming weeks.
Lastly, new data centers will be opening soon in both Europe and North America as part of 4.5 "to cope with the growing population of the game".
Learn more about Shadowbringers on the Final Fantasy XIV site.