Face-to-Face with FFXIV's Naoki Yoshida
Final Fantasy XIV is enjoying its most successful year since its relaunch as A Realm Reborn in 2013 — so there’s probably no better time to speak to the man credited with its success. Last week, I had the chance to do just that, and sat down for a face-to-face conversation with producer and director Naoki Yoshida.
In a wide-ranging interview, he revealed:
- That the team is pleased with the time it took to clear The Unending Coil, and that work has already begun on the next Ultimate raid for a planned patch 4.3 release;
- Why there are no plans to diversify gear after the removal of accuracy;
- That Eureka won’t be like Diadem;
- That the next Deep Dungeon to be completely separate from Palace of the Dead, with entirely new systems;
- That sweeping changes to glamour system ‘that would take an hour to explain’ will come in patch 4.2;
- And why he was initially reluctant to introduce the Wandering Minstrel.
Pop through to Page 2 and Page 3 to read the full interview.